Sunday, May 9, 2010

Guys Weekend

While the girls' and I had our girls' weekend, the boys had theirs. Jon took Braden camping. They had been talking about it for weeks and Braden was SO excited. His only request for food was hotdogs, marshmallows and M&M's...oh yes, and Cinnamon Chex cereal. The forecast for the weather was not promising, but Jon didn't want to cancel his date with Braden. Here is just a few of the highlights from the campout.

Braden just chillin' by the fire roasting his hotdog.

Jon has a couple of these headlamps that are a huge hit with the kids.
All snuggled in his sleeping bag with his favorite pillow.
They too woke up to snow...
On the way home, Jon took Braden by the fishing hatchery.
They also took a trip to the library to return some books. There was a gentleman there with a parrot. He let Braden come up to get a closer look. He put the bird on his head and his arm. Braden wasn't to nervous about it, but not to excited either.
This is how Braden feels about it snowing on his camping trip with his dad...
Translation...I'm going camping. I hate the snow coming down, dang it!

4 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Way to go Jon for being such an awesome dad.
The movie you made of Braden is just precious!
I love going namping too....I'm pretty sure if it snowed during my camping trip I'd have a few choice words for the weather to...Nang it!!!

Laurel said...

That video was so cute!! Can't believe it snowed.

The Three Vree's said...

That video is hilarious! I haven't actually "LoL" Laughed out Loud in a long time!! DANG IT!!!

Jen Kesler said...

Cute pics! I'm so glad Braden got to go on his trip with his Dad!