Major parent demerit for us today...I guess there is a first for everything. Normally when the girls come in from being outside, they will close the garage door, except for tonight. While Jon was getting the girls in the tub, Jaycee was crying and I was on the phone, Braden apparently let himself out of the house. The next thing I know, there is a stranger at my door with Braden. We won't talk about how far he wandered off, but it definitely was far enough that I was impressed he was able to lead the stranger back to our house (lucky for us).
So when Jon and I were talking to him about the dangers of wandering off, like being taken by a stranger, getting hurt or even getting hit by a car, his reply to us was, "No mom, I checked both ways before I crossed the street." So despite the fact that I had no idea Braden was gone, at least I have taught him to look both ways and find his way back home, right? Seriously though, I am so grateful to the man that helped him get back home and that no harm was done. (Except for now I feel like THE WORST PARENT IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!) Since this is my only journal, I had to write this down so I would NEVER forget how innocent his response was....but a lesson well learned on my part.
5 comments:
Yesterday must have been the worst parent in the world day. I think I saw like 5 posts about it on FB. Glad that he made it home and his response really was cute.
Oh Boy! That is so scary!! The angels are definitely watching over that cute boy of yours! You might have to get him one of those ankle bracelts that sets off an alarm when he leaves the house. :)
We all have those moments. How scary. I am so glad that there are kind people in the world still. And really it is amazing how much those little stinkers watch everything and think they are so big.
Oh Heidi,
I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but I'm glad I'm not the only mom with kids that slip out the door unobserved.
I'm glad he's okay!
Grandma could learn a thing or two from BroBro by looking both ways before crossing an intersection...
Post a Comment