Friday, April 8, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*Have you ever watched a child (Braden in this case) eat a cookie or treat of any kind for that matter?
They become very, very focused on that cookie.  It’s almost like they are concentrating on every crumb that comes together to make this most delicious treat.  Their eyes never come off of the cookie until that very last bite and crumb have made it to their mouth!  The level of concentration is amazing! 
*General Conference was outstanding this April!  It had so much more meaning to me as a miracle has begun to unfold in our family.  I know for a fact that our Heavenly Father loves us and that the Prophet and other leaders are truly inspired.
*Jaycee has the cutest little laugh/cackle!  Every day she is becoming more of a little person rather than being my little baby.  We went to the zoo this week and it was so fun to see her get so excited and vocal about the animals.
*One day this week when the kids got home from school, we were all in the kitchen doing various things…cooking, homework, etc.  I hear the kids laughing and giggling at two birds that have been sitting on our back wall and then I hear Morgan say, “Look, they are mating!”  WHAT THE ------??!!  I tried to play it cool and said, “What does mean if they are mating?”
Without hesitation Morgan said, “You know, it’s what rabbits do.”  I tried to get her to elaborate but she said she was too embarrassed to tell me what it meant,  so guess what Jon and I and will be doing in the next few days?  Yep…having ‘The Talk’.  Lucky us.
*I am so excited to have lots of marshmallow roasts with the kids this summer in the backyard!
*Uhmmm…there are only 7 weeks left of school before I am on full time entertainment duty. Yes, I have to start preparing myself now!
*After having my little rant last week, I feel I have been inspired a little by General Conference and by a  book I have been reading.  One day at time is what I need to focus on.

2 comments:

Nyra said...

What is the Book? Do tell....

Sarah said...

I would like to know that name of the book as well ;). Always looking for something uplifting. I love reading your Friday messages. They are so fun.