Friday, April 22, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*This week has been full of fun.  My sister and her kids have been here for the week for their spring break.  Monday we spent the day shopping for flowers for my garden out back.  Michelle is very talented in this area, so I gave her a budget and let her buy what she thought would look good together and grow well in the backyard.  Taking 5 kids to the nursery (the other two were in school, thank goodness!) was NOT a pleasant task, but we survived.  Tuesday we spent a good part of the day shopping for material to make Michelle and Livie a cute new spring dress.  We found such cute fabric I ended up sewing one dress for Michelle, 2 dresses for Livie, and one for each of my girls!  Wednesday after the girls got home from school, we spent the afternoon at the aquarium.  Thursday was spent finishing up sewing projects and taking Braden to the urgent care to have his forehead glued back together.  Friday we spent the entire day at the zoo.  Dylan was beyond thrilled to see a Komodo dragon in real life!  He is one of the smartest kids I have ever met.  He is full of knowledge and facts, especially when it comes to dinosaurs, reptiles and amphibians!
*Braden and Livie DO NOT get along.  It was CONSTANT tattle tailing, fighting over this and that and whining.  It was a full time referee job this week to keep the peace between all the kids!!  Besides all the bickering, it was fun for them to be able to spend so much time together.
*Jaycee was standing by me while I was sitting on the couch the other day and tapped my leg to get my attention.  When I looked over at her she raised her hands in the air and held her balance for several seconds.  She knew she was being a big girl and was eating up all the attention!
*I can’t believe that my little Sydney turns 8 years old next week.  I have promised her a birthday party this year and I am running out of time to figure out what we are going to do for it.  Parties are not my favorite part of being a mom, but I do it because I know it means a lot to the kids. 
*Our sweet neighbor across the street brought the kids two big Easter baskets today.  It was so very thoughtful of her.  Her husband passed away almost two years ago and we have tried to really hard to make monthly visits to say hello and let her know that we are thinking of her.  The kids would try to go over every day if I would let them!  She has a couple of dogs and the kids love to see them.
*Braden seems to be doing rather well after slicing his head yesterday.  He has not said one word about his head hurting or being sore.
*I have a ton of pictures from this past week, but that will have to wait until later this weekend....

1 comment:

Dave and Holly said...

I can't wait to come see what you created in your backyard with the flowers you bought!