Friday, August 17, 2012

Forget Me Not Friday


*I cannot get over how incredibly fast this summer went by.  We were able to do a lot of great things this summer.  We got to spend a month in Utah with my family doing lots of fun things like going to the waterpark (a lot!), Trafalga, seeing old friends, going to Logan and visiting Jon and I’s old stomping grounds and just being together.  Then we had the opportunity to travel across the country.  I would do it again in a heartbeat!  The kids did amazingly well and we got to experience different climates and scenery.  It did make me very grateful for the DRY desert climate though!
*This week has brought many new adventures in life.  Morgan started middle school and she LOVES it!  Sydney is happy with her teacher and has a friend form church in her class.  Braden started kindergarten and is very excited to go each day.  He loves being able to pack his own lunch in his lunchbox.  I am starting to realize how true it is when people tell you ‘you’re gonna miss this someday’.  I have had a few quiet moments on my walks this week that have given me a chance to reflect.  There are some things I wish I could do way different.  I passed a mom who was pushing a stroller and so were here two daughters.  They were pushing ‘their babies’ too.  I commented on what a good mom she was to let them do that.  I wondered why I never let my girls do that.  Oh yeah, it was because I didn’t want to walk that slow and I didn’t want dirty stroller wheels in the house.  Looking back, do those things really matter?  It made me cry.  I can’t change the past, but I am hoping it will teach me to be better.  As I sent Braden off to kindergarten, I wondered if we had spent enough time together doing fun things and bonding.  Probably not and I can’t change that.  I can only do better.  I had to go to the middle school to work out Morgan’s schedule.  When we finished, I asked her if she wanted me to wait and she could ride home with me.  Her response, “No, I would rather ride the bus.  It is fun!” So not only did I have a daughter that would rather ride the bus home, I had a kindergartner who didn’t even notice that I had left the room.  My kids are growing up and I can’t slow it down.  Poor J is so lonely with everyone gone. 
*Jon and I are making an effort to do and be better at home food storage.  We recently went to a THRIVE party and was really impressed with the great tasting food they sell.  Not only did it taste good, but A LOT of it is gluten free which is a huge thing for our food storage needs.  We have allotted a monthly budget, we get online each month and choose what we needt for the month and they ship it right to our house! 
*I can tell fall is getting closer.  I mostly notice it in the mornings.  It is SO much cooler and there is just that tiny bit of crispness in the air.  In the mornings, there is just that slight bit of coolness on the bed sheet from the windows being open overnight.  I love it!  I wish I could bottle it up and make it last longer.  Fall is my favorite time of year here and it doesn’t last long enough.
*Our summer has been so busy and we have been home so little of it, we did not even get a marshmallow roast in.  I am going to have to do something about that this weekend!

No comments: