Friday, August 3, 2012

Tennessee and Virginia


July 27, 2012

The second day of our road trip brought us through the rest of Arkansas and Tennessee.  


Our first stop was in Memphis.  We stopped at the welcome center for a potty break and a picture.  Inside the building they had a big statue of the King of Rock and Roll...Elvis Presley.  Braden had to get his net out at every stop and try to catch whatever critters and bugs he could.  While he was busy hunting in the bushes, he was unaware of the massive pile of ants he was standing in.  All of a sudden he started screaming and dancing like I have never seen him do before.  He had ants up and down his legs and in his shoes.  Needless to say, he ended up with quite a few bites on his feet.







The kids thought this rail system train was pretty cool how it hung from above the ground.


July 28, 2012

On the third day of travel, we finally crossed the border into Virginia.  It was a renewal  of hope that we were actually going to get to Nana's house!! I didn't think we were ever going to get to the other side of Tennessee!  That is a very long drive from one side to the other!! 





Here are the girls pointing at our final destination!


This ginormous grasshopper was caught by Braden in Arkansas (the morning of our second day) and he had placed it in his little storage compartment in the very back seat.  He accidentally let it out but didn't want to tell me because he knew I would not be very happy about it.  So here we  are a day later.  We had gotten out for a potty break and as we all piled back into the car, this lovely critter had made its way up to the front of the van onto my visor.  Let's just say, that I got out as quickly as I had gotten in the car.  I did not want that thing jumping on my face.  Braden was a good sport.  He caught it and let it go without a fight.


No comments: