Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oh What Did We Do In The Summertime?

We had a great summer!  I think this was the first time ever that I almost wasn't ready for the kids to go back to school because we were having such a great time together as a family.  In no particular order, here we go...
I wanted the kids to have take part in a service opportunity.  My grandma has not been living in her home for over a year, but the yard still gets kept up.  On a Saturday that Eric was taking a turn, I asked if we could come and help.  It was fun and the kids jumped right in and did their part.  Morgan was thrilled to be able to use the lawn mower.


Braden and Sydney like raking the dirt.



Sydney has endless limits when it comes to a sense of adventure and down right being silly!  She found grandma's wigs and wore it every where we went for the first few days! 


and the high heels!


Jaycee kept herself busy with grandma's mascara...



Cozy had promised Sydney she would make her a fondant cake.  Since she wasn't able to make it for her real birthday, we celebrated again!


Emily and I have a love hate relationship.  I like to tease her because I know it will get a reaction from her.  She had a cup of ice that she had hidden from me because she didn't want to share.  So when I found it in the basement freezer, I couldn't resist...the lid says, "Heidi is my favorite sister...I love her!"  She wasn't too thrilled when she found it, but was a good sport to let me take a picture of it!


We made a trip to Logan and stopped by the Aggie bookstore to get some new game day shirts.  Morgan picked up a sign to hang in her room.


Got to visit with some great friends of ours.  I told her I would take family pictures for her and she said it was too much trouble to get everyone ready and smiling.  Took care of that didn't we!  Can't see what anyone is wearing or if they are smiling but still got a great family shot!  Heather is one of my dearest friends.  I love that when we get together, even though we live states apart, it feels like we have never skipped a beat.  She has an amazing little family and great, great boys.  They are going to make awesome missionaries, husbands and fathers someday.  And let's not forget about cute little Lindsay!  She is a doll!



Took time to enjoy the beauty all around and blow it's seeds everywhere!!










We took the kids out to see what grandpa does at work.  He gave each of them a ride in his big Cat.








 Made plenty of trips to In-n-Out Burger...


A few trips to Macey's for an ice cream...tradition.


I got a killer deal on Utah County's Pass of all Passes.  I scored a deal of $10 a ticket which allowed us unlimited visits to Tafalga and Seven Peaks just to name a couple.  The kids had a blast. While the bigger kids were inside playing laser tag, J and I did a few of the kiddie rides outside. 


 The girls loved  climbing the wall...


This was J's most favorite ride.  It takes you straight up and then drops you.


Morgan is the bravest little girl I know.  She waited the whole month of June for Seven Peaks to finish adding side rails to the freefall (now you can ride down it on a mat face first) so she could go down it.  She was the first person in line when it opened!  I wished I would have filmed a few seconds longer because her smile didn't last long once she hit the bottom.  She did not go again, but I was so proud of her for being brave.


Jon decided if Morgan can do it so could he...he screamed like a girl coming down!


The best part of a long day at the water park,  tired, very tired kids!



Got to see my brother Eric play some softball.  The last time time I saw him play ball, was probably Jr. High, a very long time ago. 


Watched Javen play baseball too...


Hung out with baby Kru on the sidelines at the games.


Drove to Manti, Utah to see the pageant.





Enjoyed some awesome Italian ice...



Got caught up in a one sided discussion with some anti-mormons.


 My beautiful mom...


 I let the girls take my camera and snap some shots they thought were interesting  and this is what they took...





My cousin's son was leaving on a mission, so while we were at his house, he let Braden hold some of their really cool (but creepy) pets!  They had a horn toad...

 and a chameleon...


Braden and his love of bugs.  He caught this one while we were in Logan.


I have the sweetest and kindest Uncle ever.  He always makes time to take the kids down to see his horses and give them a little ride around the pasture.









Our Ward holds a 4th of July 5k fun run for anyone who wants to participate.  Well, without any prior training, all the kids decided they wanted to do it.  Jon, bless his heart ran it with them.  They all completed the entire run.  I was so proud of them.  I have such a great husband and the kids have a fantastic father.






Besides our trip to Virginia, we ended the summer with a night at the ball game.  Jon's work the past few years has had their work party there.  It was a good time.  Here is J and Braden yelling, "CHARGE!!"



Jon got the kids some cotton candy.  The kids love how it changes the color of their tongues.



I loved every minute of summer vacation.  I love that the kids are getting older and can do more things.
And that is how we spent our summer vacation!

1 comment:

~Michelle~ said...

Loved, loved, loved this post and I enjoyed every single picture. Thanks for sharing. What a great summer!