Since the night glow had been cancelled for the Balloon Fiesta, we drove up to the top of the Sandia Mountains to watch the sun set on Albuquerque.
The kids were freezing cold, but Eric wanted to take a few more pictures, so Melissa, the kids and Jon and I headed back to car. By now it was pitch black. As we headed down the path to the car, I heard a clank, clank, clank sound on the sidewalk. I thought a piece of Eric's tripod had fallen off. Then I hear the words, "that was my wedding ring." My heart sank. In that very moment I said a quick prayer that we would find Jon's ring. Because it was so cold, Jon could feel his ring getting very loose on his finger. As he was moving his hand into his pocket it slipped right off of his finger, hit the sidewalk and rolled away into the darkness. We got down on our hands and knees trying to feel for it in the dark, when a lady asked if we had lost something. We said, "yes, my husband's wedding band." Can you believe that she had a flashlight? She let us borrow it to start the search. There is a metal fence between the sidewalk where we were and the edge of the mountain. We knew it had gone beyond the fence because we heard it hit the metal fence. If you climb over the fence there is about fifteen feet before it is a straight dropoff. Ignoring the 'Do not go pass this point' sign, Jon climbed the fence. Searching through piles of fall leaves, rocks and mostly darkness, he yells out "I found it!" I could not belive it. I still don't know how it didn't just roll right off the mountain. It truely was as answer to my prayer.
3 comments:
I am so glad to hear that you found it. I lost half of my ring earlier this year. Mine wasn't as happy a story. Alivia had dropped it down the sink on the disposal side and I didn't know until I turned it on. When I pulled it out I just fell to the floor sobbing. I am hoping to get a new ring for our anniversary this year. Keep your fingers crossed.
WOW, I am so glad that you found his ring...a true miracle!
What a beautiful sunset. That is one thing we definetly miss - beside being able to see you more often. I am so glad that Jon was able to find his ring. Shows that anything is possible when we have the right help.
Post a Comment