Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sibling haircut

Every mother's nightmare...a haircut given by a sibling. The girls were busy doing homework, or so I thought. Braden came to sit on my lap and something was different, I just couldn't quite pin point it. Then I figured it out....he was missing all the hair along his front hairline, and then I saw the back of his head and the top too. Well, Sydney was the quilty party (no surprise there). I was soooo mad I wanted to scream at somebody, something or anything at that moment. I had been growing his hair out from his last buzz so I could comb it for his 18 month pictures and now this. So I called Jon to tell him and being the more relaxed of the two of us he said, "Heidi, considering this is our third child and it's the first time it has happened, it's actually pretty funny." So when I finally got Sydney to fess up why she did it, her response was, "He was bothering me." In my mind I had a bad thought...if every time you bothered me I cut your hair, you'd still be bald!! The positive side to all of this is it was Braden's hair and not Sydney's.


2 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

oh Heidi dear,
Time has this wonderful way of making moments like these funny! I hope that proves true for you too. Take comfort in the fact that he's adorable with or with out combed hair. If I were around I would swoop up Little Miss Beautician and take her for a couple of days and give you both a break. I can more than understand the undercurrents of impatience a parent feels towards their free spirited child. I also remember being that free spirited child and know from experience that we need a little extra love especially in times like these.

Jen Kesler said...

I can only imagine how this must have made your blood boil! Sydney's lucky to have a Dad that can bring humor to the situation (and my kids are lucky that they have their Dad that does the same thing)!!! At least it will grow back!