Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baby Birds

I have this evergreen wreath that we hang on the front of the house every year for the Christmas season.  No decorations, just a green wreath.  After getting all of Christmas put away, I realized we had forgotten to take down the wreath.  I decided that it would probably be okay to leave it up for the rest of the winter months.  Well here it is the last weekend in May, and I am ashamed to say that the wreath is still hanging!  Jon climbed the ladder on Friday to remove the wreath when we discovered not just one birds nest, but two of them on the back side of the wreath.  One of the nests has two maybe three baby birds living there.  So since they have made a home there, we felt the best thing to do was to leave the wreath hanging for a few more weeks until the baby birds learn to fly and leave the nest.  I am simply amazed at the architectural design of a birds nest and how everything is intertwined so neatly and snug.  How does a bird do that with only its beak?  I don't even think I could make one that cool using my two hands.  God knew what he was doing when he created each and every living thing.  Each having a way to provide shelter and warmth for its family.



No comments: