Friday, May 13, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*I have less than two weeks of partial freedom left before everyone is home for the summer.  Maybe that makes me sound like a bad mom, but it is always an adjustment to have a new routine and make everyone happy all day every day.  I know that things will smooth out after a few weeks and life will be good again.
*You know you are getting old when you start getting wedding announcements from young men that you used to babysit and change their diapers!!
*I got to go with Morgan on a fieldtrip to Acoma Pueblo this week.  It was really cool to see how they live and see the pottery that they make in their little adobe homes with no running water or electricity.
*My blood still boils when I look at Sydney’s whack job she did on herself.  What was she thinking?
*I have been getting up at 5am a couple times this week…two things to say about that…first, there is a lot more time in the day to get things done.  Second, I am butt tired by eight o’ clock and struggle getting the kids in bed before myself.  I don’t think this will be a regular occurrence, but I think I will shoot for 6am instead.
*My new attempt to get the kids to help pick up quickly is to play a song of their choice and we race to see how much we can get done before the song ends….so far so good.  It feels more like a game than a chore!
* I love when Jon surprises me and makes the bed before he leaves for work.  I know it is so simple, but it is a silent way of saying he loves me and wants to lighten my load.
*Witnessed my first tire blow out on the freeway today.  The car in front of me traveling at 70 miles an hour had a back tire blow out and sent debris all over the place.  Gave me a heart attack!  I was very grateful nothing hit our car  and that I was able to slow down enough to be safe.
*Braden can spend countless hours outside digging, shoveling and hunting for bugs and lizards.  I love to see how excited he gets when he catches a baby rollie pollie or when he gets a lizard all by himself.  He is all boy with a small spot for pink stuff!


3 comments:

HFG said...

Hey Heidi, just checked out your blog. Makes me miss you ALOT! sounds like our crazy lives are similar:) great to see how you guys are doing. no pictures of Sydney's new haircut? must have been good.Honey

Nyra said...

Braden that is the coolest bug....could you send me one?

jsturner1 said...

I hear yah about the summer. I am not ready and it just seems so loooooonnnngggggg.