Sydney celebrated her 8th birthday this past week. She was awakened to a plate of pancakes shaped like the number 8 in honor of her turning 8. Nachos was the dinner of choice (I love easy dinners!!)
Jon and I let Sydney open two gifts before she headed off to school...her own set of scriptures with her name on them and the Tangled CD soundtrack.
Sydney got some really fun cards from Grandma and Grandpa Ward and Nana and Papa...
Sydney's grandparents really know her well. The gifts she received were spot on to her personality!!
Jewelery, stickers and new pj's. Jon and I also gave her some new slippers and a game called Sleeping Queens.
Blowing out the birthday candles...
Sydney FINALLY got her birthday party she has been long awaiting for! We did a spa night. I made each of the guests a new pillowcase to put on their pillows they brought to lay their head on while their facial cream dried. They painted nails and toenails, ate pizza and opened gifts.
I think this was my favorite part of the party....our edible chocolate ice cream bowls! The girls thought they were pretty cool.
Sydney is so full of life, personality and drama. Some days I wonder how on earth I can help mold her and shape her, and then other days I marvel at how much love she has for every person she comes in contact with (except Morgan...still working on that one!!). She is so affectionate and always has a smile and a hug to give. She still loves to dress up and dance to music. Sydney's mode of transportation these days is cart wheeling....everywhere! Sydney we love you and are so glad you are part of our family. It's great to be 8!!
Sydney will be getting baptized in June.








3 comments:
That looks like the BEST Birthday EVER! Love the pillowcases and ice cream bowls of chocolate and that great smile of Syd's Awesome job as always Heidi
That sounds like a really fun Birthday party. I LOVE the photo of all the girls putting on their facials. They look so excited it cracks me up. Sydney's cake looks really yummy too.
Happy Birthday to Sydney! I love that little girl! I love that she wanted a spa party. You are such a good, fun mom. The chocolate ice cream bowls looked amazing. Way to go! I wish we lived close so we could all share in some of these moments. I love these blogs so we can see what is happening. Tell your family hello and we miss them and love them. Happy Mothers Day! You are a wonderful mother, your kids are so lucky!
Post a Comment