Friday, May 20, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*Braden has reached that age that made me terrified to be a mother to a little boy.   He is ALWAYS into something, usually nothing good.  He will cut anything and everything when he can get his hands on the scissors.  He thinks that his penis is this portable hose and uses it to pee where ever he thinks is convenient. On the bright side, he is very much into discovering things.  He has a HUGE rock collection going on under his bed.  They all have been carefully washed and dried and placed in a pile. I have also lost count of how many bug buckets we have all over the backyard.  I think Braden catches our backyard lizard on a daily basis.  Braden did get bit by the lizard the other day, but that did not stop him from catching him again!!
*I have really enjoyed my morning walks again.  Braden does such an awesome job riding his bike all 2 miles.
*This is my last Friday before the kids are out for the summer….The plan in my head is too come up with the ABC’s of summer (an activity for every letter of the alphabet).  I just need to get it on paper and execute the plan!
*I finally took Sydney’s picture that I will be using for her baptism announcement, now I just need to get the paper and finish them up.
* I am starting to wonder if I still have a husband.  They have him so strapped at work that he is never home and he has been working Saturdays.  I miss him.  The kids miss him.
*Jaycee is getting brave and starting to walk from one couch to another all on her own!!  She is getting so good at holding her balance and trusting herself that she can do it!  She will be 18 months on Sunday, but I think I will hold off on sending her to nursery until she can walk full time.  I don’t want her getting trampled on and I’m sure the floors are disgustingly dirty for her to be crawling all over.  I’m also afraid that she will be our first child that will not be happy in nursery.  She does not handle change or new people very well.
*I am praying very hard that when Nikon receives my lens today they will honor their warranty and fix it.
I noticed the other day that it has a hairline fracture coming off one of the threads along the top where you would normally attach the sun hood (which I have never used).  I know for a fact that I did not cause this crack.  When you spend that much money on a lens, you treat it like an infant child and VERY carefully hold, store and place that lens with the gentlest of care.  Praying….praying very hard that they take good care of their customer.

*I had a very heart breaking moment this past week.  Morgan pulled me aside and informed me that Sydney had been sneaking non gluten free crackers that I keep around for Braden and Jaycee.  Sydney would not really open up to me and tell me why she was doing it.  Later that night Jon snuggled with her and started a conversation with her about it.  She got big old alligator tears in her eyes, and proceeded to say she wanted her old life back.  The life when she could eat what everybody else was eating.  It broke my heart.  Bless her heart, it is the first real break down she has had in three years.  I can’t even imagine what it must feel like to go to school and not ever be able to eat school lunch with her peers or always having to eat something different when birthday treats are brought in.  The truth is, I feel exactly the way Sydney does….I want our old life back!
*Honestly, these past couple of weeks have been challenging for me.  I am really struggling, questioning, doubting and in denial about a lot of things in life lately.  Here's to next week!

4 comments:

jsturner1 said...

I can only imagine how hard that is for your family. I bet someday all school lunches will be gluten free. And the Nursery floors? Seriously? I am sure they are sparking clean after our kids leave them! HA!

~Michelle~ said...

Keep on, keeping on Heidi! I love your Friday posts! Poor Syd! Poor You! My heart goes out to you guys. I hope next week is full of great moments.
Love you.

Jen Kesler said...

I love you Heidi!!!

Nyra said...

What kind of bike is Braden riding? I miss those walks.