Friday, May 27, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday

*It is official!!!  Jaycee is walking independently all over the house!!  I never thought this day would come.  It has been a lot of work but well worth it.  It so weird to come around a corner and have her walking down the hall all by herself.  So, so proud!
*Oh how Braden makes us laugh!!  Jon and I needed to have a private conversation so I began to close and lock our bedroom doors and this upset Braden.  I tried to explain that daddy and I wanted to talk about some important things without the kids around and that we would be out in a few minutes.  Braden says, “Are you going to talk potty talk while you are in there?”   “No, Braden we are not going to talk potty talk.”  Then Braden says to me, “Well, all I hear when you guys talk is blah, blah, blah.”  Jon and I busted a gut laughing!!
*Sydney had to have a tooth pulled out this week.  I did not tell her they were going to do that in addition to her cleaning.  I have found that sometimes telling kids ahead of time just creates more apprehension that it is going to hurt and then they refuse to open their mouth. She was very brave and did a great job.  I don’t know that I have ever seen such a long root on a tooth before. 
*Life as I know it is over and done with for the next three months.  Today is the last day of school and I am still in denial that the school year is over.  I don’t know how that went by so fast.  Sydney is being tested for the gifted program next week.  I hope it goes well for her.  The gifted program here does not mean that a student is a genius, it just means that they get to go to a special class that gives them more of a challenge than a regular class room offers.
*Sydney has such a tender spirit.  I don’t really want to go into details at this time, but she has such a great love for anyone and everyone.  I know that she really loves me and has deep concern for me.
*Braden has a very sensitive side as well.  His bugs have a very special place in his heart.  He is constantly going outside to check on his latest catch for the day to make sure they are still alive and well.  One day he had a cricket die.  He had very carefully placed him on the sidewalk in hopes that he would maybe come back to life.  I came along and thought, oh there is a dead bug here and I don’t want anyone to step on it so I kicked it into the grass.  Braden instantly broke out into tears.  He was devastated that I had just kicked his precious little bug.  It has been joyful some days living life through the eyes of a four year old little boy.
*Morgan, well she is Morgan, emotional and bossy.  I wonder if I was as bossy as her when I was little.
She is really good at telling everyone that they haven’t done their jobs and they are being slow and then guess who the last one ready for school is.  Then it becomes everyone else’s problem that she is going to be late for school.  I think it’s funny when she has one of her crying breakdown’s about being late.  I stop and ask her, “Morgan, do you think time is going to stop while you stand here and have your fit?  It still makes her more mad when I do that.  On a brighter note, she is a very smart student and she is very punctual with getting her homework done and never been tardy despite all of our running behind schedule kind of days.
* I need a few extra prayers in my behalf today....

2 comments:

jsturner1 said...

Here they come!!!! The prayers I mean.

Jen Kesler said...

Go Jaycee!

...you are on my prayer list!