***I know....it's Saturday morning! Somehow I let Friday slip right past me.
It has just been one of those weeks!!
*I was driving the girls to piano this week and we saw the Ice Cream Truck. Braden asked if I had any money to buy ice cream. My immediate response was no I didn’t and we live in a time when it is not ‘safe’ to buy ice cream from strangers. He went on to say how he wished it was gluten free so that we could buy one. At first I was really confused why he was so concerned that it needed to be gluten free and then it hit me….the word ‘SAFE’ at our house means that it is safe for the girls to eat. Bless his heart. He is always asking at the store, “Does that have wheat in it?” “Can Morgan and Sydney eat that?”
*Have you ever wondered what makes you decide whether you like to have your socks on or off when you sleep? Braden won’t even take a snuggle with his socks on let alone go to bed with them on. He actually has them removed from his feet the moment we return home from going somewhere!
*Braden was having his bath the other night and has discovered his testicles. He says, “Dad, do I have little balls in there?” Jon, holding back the laughter explained to Braden what they are and what they are called. I know that I really had a hard time telling the girls the real names of some of their body parts when they were younger. I decided very early on with Braden they we would call them what they are and not be embarrassed to do so. I wanted to hear him use the correct terminology rather than giving his body parts nicknames and laughing about it with his friends. I have since done the same with the girls. Now if I can just muster up the courage to have ‘The Talk’ with the girls!
*Sydney’s birthday party went really well. I think all the girls had fun together and really enjoyed putting face mask all over their faces, especially when it started to dry and their faces got really tight!
* I think I have a commitment problem….I have been noticing how many things in my house still have the tags hanging them. It’s like I’m afraid to cut them because that means I am stuck with it forever!!
*Jaycee is getting more excited about walking!! She still won’t just go off walking on her own, but if two of us send her back and forth, she loves it. Sydney told Jaycee to run the other day while she was walking over to Jon, and Jaycee’s idea of running was to pant with her tongue out while she was walking!! I find that funny that a one year old can know what we might feel like doing after running….panting like a dog!
*For the last year Jon and I have been looking to find a home that might better meet our needs. We found one this past weekend. I have been frantic to get the house market ready the past few days only to learn that the value of our house is barely what we paid for it eight years ago…makes me sick. So with that being said we are staying put for a little longer.
1 comment:
I hear your pain on the house situation. We had the same problem here. We aren't getting too much more for ours than we paid for it 10 years ago, but we have to get out of here. We sold our house over the weekend!! Now the fun of moving to a rental, grrrr.
Post a Comment