Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

 Jon and the kids made pink pancakes for breakfast today. Let's just say that we forgot the fact that we would be using one of those pancakes for the sacrament today and it was a little embarrassing to have them bring us pink bread!  The primary kids sang to all the mothers today and Braden was so proud to be up there with his sisters.  He kept winking and smiling so I was returning the wink and smiles.  Both Jon and I were thinking how sweet he is.  When he came and sat back down with us, I teasingly said, "Braden, were you winking at me?"  He looks at me as serious as could be and said, "Of course not, I was winking at dad!"  I guess I know were I stand!  When we got out to the car after church, I noticed that someone loved me enough to run either their key or a rock up the ENTIRE drivers side of my van.  I. was. not. happy.  
Jon  was kind enough to be in charge of dinner today, so he made one of our favorites...tiny spicy chicken!!  We also had the opportunity to have the sister missionaries over to use our computer and phone so that they could call home to their mother's.  They were here long enough that they got a second dinner!!

The men in my life right now....Handsome, crazy, funny and lovable!! 



This is what I got for Mother's Day from Sydney....A nice big bald spot right smack dab in the front of her forehead....she decided that she didn't like how her hair looked so she cut it, right down to the scalp.  Yep, just in time for her baptism that is coming up in a few weeks.  Not looking forward to new look that will grace her face for the next forever.  Why do children have to try our patience so?  I guess the part that makes this actually funny is that fact that she did this on Thursday and I am just now finding it!!
Morgan and Sydney did make me some really cute twig trees at their activity night last week.  They actually pulled of hiding them from me and surprised me with them and a beautiful card this morning.



Despite all the button pushing, yelling, fighting, bickering and all the other things kids do on a daily basis to give us gray hair, I am very grateful that I have the chance to be their mother.  As I listened to all the priests in our ward speak of their mothers today, I wondered what my kids would have said about me.  I have to remind myself that this journey is one day at a time and some are better than others.  Thank goodness for repentance and forgiveness and a new start every morning!
I have an amazing mother who is such a great example to me in so many ways.  I love her and wish I could be half the mom she is.  I have a great mother-in-law that raised a righteous son that has been an amazing husband and father.  I am grateful to her and for the example she was for Jon and for helping to mold him into the person that he is.  Happy Mother's Day to my awesome sisters and sisters-in-law.

3 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Great post Heidi, it made me cry.
This certainly will be a mothers day you'll never forget!

Krista & Cody Frampton said...

I did the same thing that Sidney did when I was about her age! I didn't like my widow's peak so I took a razor to shave it off... it looked exactly like her hair does. My mom was NOT happy because it was right before Mica's wedding!

Krista & Cody Frampton said...

I did the same thing to my hair when I was about Sidney's age! I didn't like my widow's peak so I shaved it off. It looked about the same as Sidney's does! My mom was NOT happy... it was right before Mica's wedding. How funny!